Today Will had a little friend from school over for afternoon tea. I made a chocolate and coconut slice – super simple and really delicious.
Chocolate and Coconut Slice
based on recipe on taste.com.au
1 cup (85g) coconut flakes
1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa
150g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
1 tbs cocoa
2 tbs hot water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 16x26cm baking pan and line with baking paper. Break up biscuits. Place into a mixing bowl with coconut and sugar.
- Sift over flour and cocoa and stir.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Pour over dry ingredients.
- Add vanilla. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and press down to level. Press it in really well to avoid it crumbling apart once cooked.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl. Add water and stir well. Ice slice while still hot and in the baking pan.
- Pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
This is a great little recipe. You’re likely to have all of these ingredients in your pantry/fridge and it really only takes a few minutes to combine everything before popping it into the oven.