Next month I’m travelling to the US so I wanted to make something warm and easy to pack. I found this Charlie Brown Camel Wrap dress online and was inspired.
I already had the pattern for a similar dress and New Look had classified it as “*easy”. Perfect!
I had read a number of reviews on Pattern Review that identified a few issues with the pattern but I decided to press on regardless. There were some concerns about the facing but I thougth I’d try following the pattern initially and then make adjustments if necessary. It came together quite easily and without too much drama…initially!
The fit is great, and I really like the ‘v’ in the back waist line.
Sometime towards the end of making this, when I was at the point of sewing the side seams I made a few guesses rather than pulling out the pattern pieces to make sure I was joining the wrap section into the seams at the right point. I really shouldn’t have done this! Fortunately the belt, that is attached at the back side seams, mostly hides my mistakes. Here’s a close up with the belt tied…
…and without the tie (hiding the hideous mistake!)…
It’s a little disappointing and a constant reminder that good sewing is all about precision, patience and unpicking!
Overall, I’m really happy with this dress and I think it will be great to travel with.